3rd Degree Black Belt
Lucio started Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1998 at the age of 12. He is a 3rd degree black belt under Adriano Pires and Fabio Gurgel from the renowned Alliance school in São Paulo Brazil, one of the most prominent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu associations and current defending world team champion, having won 11 world titles.
Lucio has a degree in kinesiology and a masters degree in Biochemistry for exercise which helps support his knowledge, understanding and teaching of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
He has competed more than 100 competitions in Brazil and here in the US. Some of his results in the World Championships include:
• First place – Blue Belt, Middle heavy, juvenile (IBJJF 2002),
• Third place – Blue Belt, Absolute, Adult (IBJJF 2004),
• Third place – Purple Belt, Light, Adult (IBJJF 2005),
• Third place – Brown Belt, Middle, Adult (CBJJE 2008),
• Second place– Black belt, Middle, Adult (CBJJE 2011).
More about Alliance
Alliance was founded in 1993 by Romero "Jacare" Cavalcanti, Fabio Gurgel, Alexandre Paiva and Fernando Gurgel. Alliance Global headquarters is in Atlanta, Georgia where "Jacare" is the head instructor. Fabio Gurgel, also known as the "General", is the co-leader of Alliance and the head instructor at Alliance Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil). Alexandre "Gigi" Paiva heads the third main Alliance academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Other Aliance athletes, and some of Lucio’s old training partners include:
· Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles Maciel (LA)
· Marcelo "Marcelinho" Garcia (NY)
· Sergio "Serginho" Moraes (Curitiba - Brazil)
· Tarsis Humphreys (San Diego)
· Lucas Lepri (Charlotte, North Carolina)
· Mário Reis (Porto Alegre - Brazil)
· Bruno Malfacine (Orlando)
· Bernardo Faria (NY)
Victor Oliveira is a Black belt under Luiz Pereira and Adriano Pires from Alliance Campinas- Brazil.
Started training in 2012 at the age of 15 and hasn’t stopped since.
Vic has competed throughout the belts and age divisions, having collected many titles and state rankings.
Besides the competition aspect, he is really focused on technique and sharing what he knows about the “gentle art” and has been teaching since purple belt.