Who says you can’t be a fierce warrior AND a skilled artist?! Not the Samurai!
Camp Japan is a unique day camp combining martial arts, art and culture. Taught by black belts, artists, musicians, professional educators and more, we offer hands-on experiences for all the five senses. Hosted at a state-of-the-art martial arts dojo, we also go on fun-filled field trips to local museums and parks. Campers bond in an immersive experience for the mind, body and heart, expanding their skills in creativity, fitness, coordination, self-defense, cooperation, leadership, focus and reflection while exploring and having fun!
Highlights from Camp Japan 2013 are shown below, including:
- Aikido open hand and traditional weapons practice: bokken, jo, tanto
- Samurai Codes & Armor, Taiko Drumming, Japanese Tea Ceremony,
- Japanese Anime films & Manga comics, Sumi-e brush painting
- Relief Printing, Japanese folklore & ghost stories, Daruma Dolls
- Zen Meditation, Japanese language
- Eating mochi (rice paste cakes), noodles, sushi
- Visiting Japantown and the Asian Art Museum
Schedule for Camp japan 2014:
WEEK 1: June 23-27; 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
WEEK 2: August 4-8; 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
WEEK 3: August 11-15; 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Contact: Daisy Colchie – email@example.com